We are a custom bull collection located in the Northeastern region of Alabama atop Lookout Mountain. We offer a variety of services to fit all of your Bull collection needs. We package 40 million cells per unit…..every bull, every customer!
- Bull Housing
- Semen Collection
- Semen Storage and Distribution
At Lookout Mountain Genetics, the safety and health of animals entering and boarding at our facility are our #1 priorities. We strive to maintain a clean, comfortable housing environment with an emphasis on an optimal nutritional program suited for the reproductive performance of bulls.
Please call ahead to schedule an appointment.
- Bulls housed at Lookout Mountain Genetics are typically collected twice a week on Monday and Thursday. Bulls that are collected with electro-ejaculate are only collected once a week.
- We also offer a "walk-in" collection for those customers wanting to bring their bull to be collected in the morning and take him home that same day. The walk-in collections are $100, and must be scheduled.
- Every ejaculation is evaluated multiple times, before and after freezing, by our highly trained team members as well as our AndroVision analysis system in the lab to ensure optimal semen viability. Sperm cells are checked for morphology and motility. We package semen at 40 million cells per straw!--The number of straws produced varies from bull to bull and is determined by the concentration of the bull's ejaculate(s).
- Bulls may successfully mount and produce an ejaculate of adequate volume, yet not all collections are viable enough to freeze or pass LMG's thorough semen quality evaluation.
- Any semen collected and frozen will not be available for use for, at minimum, one business day. This allows for the production and quality control process to be completed appropriately and for the team at LMG to properly evaluate the success of the semen freezing process.
- We utilize "jump steers" to mimic a natural approach to semen collection, and this is always our preferred method of collection. However, we can electro-ejaculate bulls that will not jump due to issues such as low libido and health problems, or bulls that are too aggressive to safely handle.
- Bulls are housed in clean, comfortable pens and are provided sensory stimulation prior to collection to boost libido and collection performance.
- If a bull has not been actively with cows in some time, several collections are sometimes needed to clean out the bull’s reproductive system. This procedure allows the bull to expel those sperm cells that have lost some of their viability and are of poor quality. Being placed on a routine collection schedule, often for several weeks, allows the bull to get cleaned out and more than likely back to producing good quality semen.
Do You Like Our Site? Share With Your Friends!